You see our fellow countrymen in their best efforts to fight against COVID-19, maybe not everyone. But there are those who risk their own lives or worse, letting loved ones risk their lives for the common good. I know you can’t let this pass without taking a part in this fight. You may not be in the best situation right now due to no work no pay (or anything else), but it just can’t stop you from wanting to help. Most of these apps won’t even require you to spend money but to use your accumulated points. So hold on to your phones now, visit these apps and put up a good fight against this pandemic. Let the frontliners feel they are not alone in this fight.
Grab has recently launched its GrabBayanihan program in partnership with Philippine Red Cross. You may not even spend money on this. You can use GrabRewards points to support the needs of healthcare frontliners, conduct community cleaning, and aid the needs of the virus victims. Here’s how to donate via Grab.
- Open Grab App > Click Rewards Points > Redeem Donations under GrabBayanihan
GCash launched their #FightCOVID19 equally supporting the seven NGO’s namely: the Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation (PDRF), the Philippine Red Cross (PRC), World Vision, UP Medical Foundation, PGH Foundation, Inc., ABS-CBN Lingkod Kapamilya Foundation, and Ayala Foundation. Here’s how to donate via GCash.
- Open GCash > Click Pay Bills > Click Others > Click FightCovid19 > Enter your Name and the Amount
PayMaya launched their #OneAgainstCOVID19 drive and lets you decide which charitable partners you wish to help: Philippine Red Cross, Unicef, Caritas Manila, OXFAM Pilipinas, Philippine Business for Social Progress, Philippine Disaster Resilience Foundation, No Where To Go But Up Foundation, Alagang Kapatid Foundation, PLDT SMART Foundation, Rock Ed Philippines, Kaya Natin!, PGH Medical Foundation, Ronald Mcdonald House Charities of the Philippines, UTown Pen Foundation, YesPinoy Foundation, #UniTENTweStandPH, JCI Manila, and Food4DPoorPH.
- Open PayMaya app > Under Just For You coupons, Click Donate Now #OneAgainstCOVID19 > Choose a Foundation Partner > Add to Cart > Check out
- Or go to donate.paymaya.com
Shopee launched the Shopee Bayanihan Ambagan Para Sa Bayan program. They partnered with Lung Center of the Philippines, Caritas Damayan, Philippine Red Cross, PGH Medical Foundation, PAGASA People for Accountable Governance And Sustainable Action, Kaya Natin, Save the Children, yFactPH, and World Vision.
- Open Shopee App > Wait for the Sliding Banner of Bayanihan to show up and click > Click on your preferred Organization > Choose the amount voucher > Buy Now > Check Out
- Or go to shopee.ph/m/shopee-bayanihan
Lazada’s Laz For Good charity has already been running from the past and it is through this program that they launched, COMBAT COVID-19. They partnered with Unicef, Philippine Red Cross, Caritas Manila, Kaya Natin, Virlanie, 2KK Tulong sa Kapwa Kapatid, Project Pearls, Tahanan ng Pagmamahal, and World Vision.
- Open Lazada app > Wait for the Sliding Banner of COMBAT COVID-19 to show up and click > Click on your preferred Organization > Choose the amount voucher > Buy Now > Place Order
- Or go to pages.lazada.com.ph/wow/i/ph/digitalgoods/donation
Related Article: Hiking and Outreach Experience | Mt. Tinucan, Tanay Rizal
MVP Rewards proceeds will go to their very own PLDT Smart Foundation with their tagline, Your Rewards can help our heroes. The foundation is sending out care packs for the families of frontline health workers, checkpoint officers, emergency response teams, and communities in need during the quarantine period.
- Download MVP Rewards app qrco.de/MVPRewards-COVID19
- Open MVP Rewards app > Click on the Redeem menu icon below > Select which points you would like to spend and click Redeem > Choose your amount of donation > Click Redeem
Globe Rewards launched their support with the tagline, Together, our points matter with every point equivalents to 1 peso. The proceeds goes to health workers at RITM, San Lazaro Hospital, East Avenue Medical Center, and Dr. Jose N. Rodriguez Hospital.
- Download Globe Rewards app at http://glbe.co/GRewardsApp
- Open Globe Rewards app > On search bar, click on the Filter icon > Under Category, check HELP FIGHT COVID-19 > Choose your amount of donation > Redeem > Confirm
There are just so many ways to help in this fight and not only on monetary forms. Staying at home, spreading the right information, giving compassion and respect to front liners, giving strength to those who are affected, praying for wisdom to our leaders, etc. We just have to make the best out of what we can do and let this current situation bring out the best in every Filipinos. We survived so many trials as a country and no, not this one could worst us.